You don’t have to exercise for hours every day to get in shape. Here are some simple things you can do each day that take just a few minutes:
- Park further away from work or get off the bus or train at an earlier stop. Walk the rest of the way.
- Do simple exercises, like dumbbell curls, whenever you get a few minutes. Keep your dumbbells at your office or home – wherever you can get to them most easily.
- Stand up as often as you can. If you’re an office worker, consider getting a stand-up desk. (There are portable models available that sit on top of traditional desks.)
- Climb stairs rather than use an escalator. In taller buildings, climb to the third floor and take the elevator from there.
- Get up a little earlier each day to do something physical, even if it’s just a short walk around the block.
As you can see, these strategies are easy to fit into a busy lifestyle. Yet, in just a few weeks, they can have a big impact on your fitness level.