When you list your home, there’s a chance — probably a good one — that your property will not be the only one for sale in the area. In fact, there may be several listings that compete with yours. That means buyers will compare.
So, what can you do to ensure your listing looks more desirable than competing FOR SALE properties in the neighborhood? Here are a few ideas:
1. Stage it effectively. Effective staging can make your home stand out from other listings that don’t show as well. In fact, studies consistently show that a staged home will sell faster and for more than a comparable unstaged property.
2. Improve its move-in readiness. When buyers view your property, one of the things they’ll think about is how much work is needed. The less work required, the more appealing your property will be. So, make your home as move-in ready as possible.
3. Emphasize its best features. Chances are, your property has features that make it more unique and desirable than other homes. For example, you may have an upgraded kitchen or even a spectacular view. When selling, be sure to showcase those features.
4. Price it right. The listing price you set plays an enormous role in how buyers perceive your home. If it’s too high, you’ll dissuade many buyers. If it’s too low, buyers may assume there’s a red flag. What you want is a list price that reflects your home’s value and attracts plenty of qualified buyers.
5. Make it easy for buyers to see it. You want as many qualified buyers as possible to see your home. Make that as easy as possible for them. Be flexible with viewing schedules. If possible, accommodate buyers who want to see your property on short notice.
Making your home stand out will help sell it faster and for the best price.