When you think about selling your home, do you think, “Whoa. I’m not looking forward to all that work.” Well, selling your home doesn’t need to require heavy lifting. At least, not by you! There are many ways to lighten the load and make the process easier.
1. Make a plan. Find out what needs to be done to prepare your home and get it ready for sale.
2. Create a doable schedule. Use a calendar or chart to create a schedule for the work you need to do. When doing so, be sure to give yourself lots of flexibility. Don’t overestimate what you can get done in a weekend.
3. Take breaks. Don’t schedule yourself so tightly that the selling process seems like an ordeal. Plan for breaks such as a dinner out or even a weekend away.
4. Get help. Think about who you can hire to assist you during the home selling process. A babysitter? Dog walker? Cleaner? Painting contractor? The money you invest in getting help will reduce stress — and may even be recovered when your home sells.
5. Hire the right real estate professionals. Getting the right professional help will make all the difference.
As you can see, there are many practical ways to make the selling process easy – and maybe even fun!