As you may know, staging is all about setting up each room so that, overall, your home looks as appealing as possible to buyers. It’s similar to what furniture stores do when they create displays of model bedrooms, kitchens, etc.
When you’re staging your home, the master bedroom is particularly important. Here are some simple staging tips worth trying:
1. Consider using mirrors to make the bedroom seem larger and more comfortable.
2. Put a new comforter on the bed.
3. Update the wattage or add a lamp if the lighting is dim. (Make sure lights are turned on during a viewing.)
4. Be ruthless when removing clutter from the room, particularly the closet. Don’t have anything stored under the bed.
5. Remove personal items, such as portraits.
6. Be a minimalist when it comes to the nightstand. Only have two or three accessories on it that complement the theme, such as a book, vase, candleholder, etc. (Don’t have anything on dressers.)
7. If possible, paint. Experts say a neutral palette works best.
Ideally, you want to make the bedroom look like a calm and welcoming retreat.