You’ve probably heard the expression, “There’s an app for that!” There does seem to be an app for every conceivable task, and real estate is no exception. If you’re thinking of selling and moving this year, here is a list of app types to look for:
• Maps. Google Maps is the most popular, but there are others. Mapping apps with satellite views are handy for checking out neighborhoods.
• Calendar. You probably use an online calendar. But, when you’re moving, it makes sense to have a separate “moving calendar”. There are many free calendar apps available.
• Project management. There are some easy-to-use apps that help you stay organized during projects, such as getting your home ready for sale.
• Mortgage calculator. Most bank websites feature online tools where you can test out scenarios and see how much you would pay each month.
• Moving costs. Most major moving companies, and a few home improvement centers, feature a moving cost calculator on their websites. That’s handy!
• Gas prices. When you’re selling and moving, you may be using your vehicle more than usual. There are several websites and apps that find the lowest fuel prices at local stations.
How do you find these apps? The best way is to do a Google search. Be sure to use “app” as one of your search words.