Shopping for a new home can be a dizzying experience. There are so many things to think about, it’s all too easy to lose focus on the most important consideration of all: getting the home you really want. Here are five questions to keep front-of-mind:
1. Is it located in the neighborhood I want? Where a property is located can have a dramatic impact on how much you enjoy it. Make sure the neighborhood has the characteristics you’re looking for.
2. Does it have the look I want? Looks aren’t everything, but they are important. A good looking property, inside and out, can make living in it that much more satisfying.
3. Does it have the features I want? Three bedrooms? A spacious backyard with a wraparound deck? You may not find all the features you’re looking for, but you should be able to come close.
4. Does it have issues I don’t want? Does the property require extensive repairs or renovations? Does it back onto a noisy street?
5. Can I purchase it for the price I want? Does the property fit your budget?