1. Try rubbing a piece of raw walnut on a light but visible scrape on the surface of a wood furnishing to provide a temporary natural luster.
2. Keep track of your chosen colors by writing the paint source and code on the handle of the stir stick before tossing empty paint cans.
3. Clean a scorched pan by filling with boiling water to the mid-point, mixing in a few teaspoons of baking soda and allowing to cool before scrubbing.
4. Measure servings of cookie dough easily by coating your spoon with a layer of milk to prevent the raw dough from sticking.
5. Remove coffee stains from most synthetic upholstery and carpeting by repeatedly sponging the area with a clean white cloth soaked in a mixture of mild dish detergent and water, then dabbing with a clean white cloth rinsed in cold water.