Believe it or not, selling your house in a pinch doesn’t have to be a stressful experience. If fact, by doing just a few key things, you can prepare your house for sale quickly and, therefore, get it on the market sooner. Here’s how:
- Dedicate a weekend to cleaning and tidying your house from top to bottom. Make it “guest ready”.
- Start selling. If you ever wanted to have a yard sale to get rid of unwanted items, this is the time to do it! What you don’t sell, give away.
- Transform the look of your house to freshen it up. Painting is the fastest and least expensive way to do that.
- Fix what needs fixing. Buyers want to see everything working properly.
- Get pictures taken by someone knowledgeable about real estate photography. It’s an art.
- Think about how you’ll schedule viewings. Free up your calendar as much as possible to make it easy for buyers to see your house.
Depending on your timeline, it may take a little scrambling to get everything done. But, if you follow these suggestions, preparation will be a lot easier and much less stressful.