Internet shoppers can find all sorts of products that might otherwise go unnoticed. Here are just a few:
- A barbecue thermometer probe with pager that helps you avoid burning dinner. If you get distracted when cooking outdoors (or just want better and more consistent results) use this thermometer to remind you when your food has reached the desired temperature.
- A pocket-sized microscope that is great for young explorers and budding scientists. They will be fascinated by the incredibly fine detail they can see of the wonders of nature, even in their own backyard.
- A chainsaw you can put in your pocket. It may sound impossible, but it’s really simple. Made from a length of a sharp-toothed cutting chain that has a handle on each end, this tool allows you to trim small yard growth spontaneously, without lugging a large handsaw or power tool.
- A telescopic magnet that helps retrieve dropped screws or other metallic objects from hard-to-reach places, like between decking boards and stair treads.
- A portable and leak-proof “washing bag” with its own mini washboard inside. Hand-wash clothes with machine quality results anywhere you can access clean water and hang your clothes to dry