Even if you don’t want to undertake a major renovation or a complete décor makeover, you can still turn any bathroom into a more welcoming and relaxing environment. Here are a few idea starters that can help you create a more spa-like bathroom over time.
• Upgrade your showerhead to a model with an adjustable nozzle and a hand-held wand.
• Add a shower caddy or bathtub tray to keep spa essentials within reach.
• Decant toiletries into a matching set of unbreakable jars and dispensers.
• If they’re mismatched, replace your towels, mats, shower curtain and window coverings.
• Replace towel bars, vanity knobs, drawer-pulls, hinges and faucet sets with matching hardware.
• Install new electrical plates and a lighting fixture with soft-light bulbs and a dimmer switch.
• Install a new vanity, pedestal sink and/or toilet with modern features.
• Don’t forget to add a fresh coat of paint, hanging plants, scented bath bombs, aromatic candles with matching holders, and, of course, soothing music!