The more you know about the best way to reach a goal, the more likely you are to get the result you want. So, whether you’re hunting for a new job, assembling a backyard BBQ, or training for a 3 mile run, you’ll want to use a proven process to help you get there.
That certainly holds true when shopping for a new home. There is a proven process to getting the home you want, in the neighborhood you want, at a price you can afford. Here are the highlights:
1. Get ready. There’s a lot you must do before you pack your energy snacks in the car and go looking at homes. If you own your current home, you must prepare that property for sale. You should also get financing for a new home pre-approved, so you know exactly how much you can afford.
2. Go shopping. Your next step is to view the right homes currently available on the market. It’s a good idea to make a wish list of property and neighborhood features you’re looking for in a new home. You may not be able to get everything you want, but you can probably come pretty close.
3. Make an offer. When you see a home you like, the first thing you’ll need to do is make an offer. This can be tricky, especially if there are other interested buyers.
4. Get an inspection. Always get the home checked out by a qualified home inspector. A property may have issues, such as a foundation leak, that are not obvious during a viewing.
5. Prepare for the move. Once you’ve made the purchase, you need to arrange for moving and deal with other details, such as utilities, telephone, mail forwarding and so forth. Want a smooth home buying process? Call today.